The publication ethics and publication malpractice statement for Verlag Barbara Budrich follow the guidelines of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Duties and Responsibilities of Editors
- All publication decisions are based on suitable reviews by selected and adequate members of the publication process.
- The Editor shall ensure that the peer review process is fair, unbiased and timely. Where Peer Review is appropriate.
- The Editor shall evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship or political philosophy of the Authors.
- The Editor shall protect the confidentiality of all material submitted and all communications with Reviewers unless otherwise agreed with the relevant Authors and Reviewers.
- Reviewers are expected to disclose any potential competing interests before agreeing to review.
- The Editor shall work to safeguard the integrity of the published record by reviewing and assessing reported or suspected misconduct in conjunction with the Publisher.
- Peer Reviewers are expected to follow the Editor’s clear advice to Peer Reviewers.
- Any manuscripts received for review shall be treated as confidential documents.
- Reviewers must be alert to potential ethical issues in a paper and, if observed, shall bring these to the attention of the Editor.
- Reviews of submitted manuscripts shall be conducted objectively.
- Views and criticism ist o be expressed clearly, objectively, and with supporting arguments.
Ehtical Guidelines for Authors
- In submitting a manuscript for publication, the Authors guarantee that it is their own original work.
- They guarantee that the text has not been published in any other form (print or online) previously, and has not been submitted to another Publisher or Editor simultaneously.
- They guarantee that the work is free of plagiarism, and that third-party content is clearly marked in accordance with the guidelines of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
- Information obtained in the course of confidential services, such as reviewing manuscripts or grant applications, shall not be used without the explicit written permission of the Author of the work involved in these services.
- Authorship shall be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution or interpretation of the reported study, and has been established prior to submission of the manuscript.
- The Publisher supports the huge efforts made by Editors and Reviewers in maintaining the integrity of the scholarly record.
- Through our consultancy services and workshops to Authors and Editors, Verlag Barbara Budrich is very active when it comes to providing education and advice on publishing ethics standards.
- The Publisher as well as the Editors, Peer Reviewers and Insitutions involved in the publishing process do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin or carreer status in its publishing programs, services and activities.