Conditions for participation in and conduct of lotteries by Verlag Barbara Budrich
1) Organizer and type of lottery
- The organizer is Verlag Barbara Budrich GmbH, Leverkusen, hereinafter referred to as “VBB”.
- Participation is free of charge and independent of the purchase of goods. By participating in the competition, the participants agree to the following conditions of participation.
- All persons aged 18 and over resident in Germany, Austria or Switzerland are eligible to participate, unless they are excluded from participation according to 3).
- A valid participation presupposes that the conditions specified within the lottery are fulfilled. The participant is responsible for the correctness of his/her data.
- In case of a win, the participants may be published with their profile name in the public area of the relevant social media channel of the VBB.
- VBB reserves the right to delete or hide posts or comments if they are contrary to the current regulations, offensive, against common decency or in any way harmful to minors.
- The participants agree that the personal data collected for the lottery will be transmitted to VBB for the purpose of announcing the prize, establishing contact and delivering the prize in the event of a win for data processing and data use there. This consent to the storage and use of data can be revoked at any time towards VBB. In this case, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Exclusion from the lottery
- Employees of the VBB, participating cooperation partners and their relatives are excluded from participation. VBB reserves the right to exclude participants from the lottery if they violate these conditions of participation.
- Participants who make use of unauthorized aids or otherwise gain advantages through manipulation shall also be excluded.
- VBB reserves the right to change or suspend the lottery completely or temporarily if special conditions call the integrity of the lottery into question.
- The winners will be informed of their winnings by e-mail. If the winners do not respond within four weeks after VBB has sent the notification, the claim to the prize lapses and the prize is awarded by lot to another person.
- The prices shall be delivered by post or, in the case of non-representational digital prizes, by e-mail. Any customs duties incurred shall be borne by the winner.
- A cash payment of the winnings is not possible.
- VBB reserves the right to change the conditions of participation at any time and without prior notice.
- Legal recourse is excluded.
Claims for damages against the VBB in connection with the lottery are excluded, unless VBB has intentionally or negligently violated legal obligations.
6) Social Media disclaimer
The social media channels used by VBB are not linked to the competition. The contact person for the respective competition is exclusively VBB.
7) Legal status and severability clause
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively.